IOS APP GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING
How can I get my iPhone / iPad app to work or improve its performance?
Suggestions to improve performance when running an iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad app:
1. Check that both your device and the app have been updated to the latest version.
– You can check for an iOS software update by going to Settings > Software Update
Click HERE for further instructions on updating your iOS software
– You can check for an app update by going to the App Store and selecting Updates. If you do not have the latest update, you will be given the option to get it there.
Note: Some apps may require a Wi-Fi connection to update.
2. Shut down your device and then let it boot up again.
– To do this, press and hold the power button on the top of the device until it displays the shut down screen. Once the device is off, turn it on again by pressing the same button and waiting for the OS to load.
3. Close down any background apps you are running.
– Double-click the Home button to display recently used apps.
– Swipe left or right and locate the app(s) you want to close.
– Swipe the app UP to close it.
4. Try to avoid playing the game with low battery life, especially when the battery is in the red and the Low Battery notification appears.
– Try to avoid playing the game while your iDevice is connected to a computer via USB or Firewire. iTunes will check for updates and try to sync during the course of your game causing performance issues.
– It’s preferred to charge your device and play by connecting your device directly to an electrical outlet.
5. When not playing Bluetooth multiplayer, disable Bluetooth in your device’s settings.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the app. This will delete your Save Game Files.
– Tap and hold the app icon on the Home Screen until the icons start to wiggle and show a small x in the top-right corner of the app.
– Tap the x in the corner of the app you want to delete.
– Tap Delete to remove the app and all of its data from your device.
– Press the Home button.
– Go to the App Store.
– Search for the app and then download it again.
– Note: If it is a paid app, ensure you are using the iTunes account you purchased the app with originally. If it is not, you may be asked to purchase the app again. Click HERE to learn more about downloading previously purchased items.
7. Disable iCloud and try to access the app again.
– You can do this by going to Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data
– Then select your app to disable iCloud
8. Perform a hard reset of your device by holding down the Lock and Home button together until the Apple logo appears. This could take up to 15 minutes.